Basemark® X by Rightware® is professional performance evaluation tool for objective cross platform comparisons of game graphics performance between Android, iOS and Windows Phone 8 devices. The benchmark is designed primarily for smartphones and tablets but can be run on other supported devices as well.
Basemark X news
Basemark X produces high quality and objective performance measurement score. It is unique product, being the only professionally designed benchmark built on top of a real-world game engine, Unity 4.
Basemark X workloads have been designed according to the usage profile of modern and future 3D games targeted for smartphones and tablets, thus pushing the measured device to the limit. Basemark X features game-like content, including particle effects, advanced lighting effects and post processing.
- Game engine: Unity 4.0
- Underlying Graphics API: Direct3D, using the feature level 9 (Windows Phone 8 devices) and OpenGL ES 2.0 (Android and iOS devices)
- Polygon counts in test sequences range from 54,000 to 911,000
- LOD levels in ships
- Per Pixel lighting with directional and point lights
- Light maps are used for objects close to add feeling of indirect object lighting
- Real-time shadows using shadow mapping
- Post Processing
- Tilt shift
- Anamorphic lens flares
- Shaders using normal mapping
- Blinn-Phong lighting model
- Transparency, alpha blending
- Particle effects
Basemark X is built on top of Unity 4.0, which is popular game engine used by several mobile game development companies. For more information about Unity 4.0, see http:/www.unity3d.com/
- iOS 6, Windows Phone 8 or Android 4
- 192 MB of graphics memory
Basemark X is available as payable, professional version and as a free version for consumers.
The main differences are:
|Free version||Professional version|
|Ability to change antialiasing, run mode and rendering settings||No||Yes|
|Ability to change resolution||No||Yes|
|Project source files||No||Yes|
Windows Phone 8
Windows Phone 8 version will be published at a later date.